I’ve been busy planning my spring decor for a while now, and today I’m sharing my latest pieces you’ll be seeing around our home very soon. I’m keeping my spring decorating light and fresh this upcoming season, with a focus on blue and white, as usual.
I also have a hallway refresh coming up and found the most gorgeous pendant lantern light fixture, in case you missed the post – it was a small splurge, but will help turn our small, dark hallway into a beautiful and gorgeous space. We’ve already started working on it and I am loving it so much already…I’m sharing a progress peek further down!
Keep reading for a few spring styling tips, a look back at my previous decor, a peek at my entryway this spring, as well as how I’m planning to bring spring into our home this year.
Affiliate links are provided throughout this post – see my full disclosure policy here.
click the products below to shop
Also in recent news, I finally recently revealed my new home office! Did you get a chance to see it? It feels so good to have that space complete after a year of planning. It truly is my happy place, I love it more than any other room in our home!
Of course, it’s blue and white, and while I realize not everyone has a focus on a strong color palette in their home, I really have found that having one that I love throughout, helps ground the look of our home and it adds a consistent look and feel, which ties everything together.
Table of Contents
A LOOK BACK AT SEASONS PAST
So, on that note, I’m continuing with shades of various blues in my spring decor this year. Someone mentioned to me on Instagram that I should add yellow or green this season – both of which I have in the past and we loved it!
My spring home tour from four years ago had a lot of yellow and touches of green, and my summer living room from two years ago included many green touches as well – all grounded with my favorite blues, I might add.
Can you believe the difference in our home over the years!
MY NEW SPRING DECOR PIECES + HALLWAY PROGRESS
I’ve already shared a few things that you’ll see around our home, like my new office pagoda mirror.
I love it so much, I may add another in our entryway – I tried it out to see how it would look and oh my, it is gorgeous! Here’s a quick phone pic…tell me what you think!
Here’s a look as well at our hallway makeover progress…I think you’re going to love this!
I couldn’t resist, I had to share. We need to finish the molding install, paint, add pot lights and then style with pictures and our new rug once it arrives.
I’m really excited to complete this project!
I’m also excited to get our home styled with my beautiful new spring pieces:
- New ginger jars, in serenity blue – this color is gorgeous!
- My new beautiful blue and white planters – a beautiful garden scene planter and the other, a hand painted floral motif planter – I love the size of these and I may order one more of each.
- Various books in shades of blues for shelf and table styling.
- Soft blue faux hydrangeas – I’ve ordered three bunches of twelve, but will probably order more, they’re beautiful in my new planters! As seen in the shot above.
- The prettiest scented candle – definitely a splurge, but the scale of this is amazing and when it’s finished burning it can be used as a centrepiece or even a salad bowl. It’s a showstopper and has more than one use, which makes it so worth it.
- Of course my new pillow covers will not disapoint! I’m keeping my spotted Les Touches in medium blue from Christmas and mixing them with these Grace Stripe covers and Daniela Floral covers, also in the softest blues. I think you’ll love them.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR HOME FEEL LIKE SPRING WITH COLOR
If you have a color you love – go with it! Use it around your home and incorporate other colors you love as well. Change it up season to season or year to year if you want. There are no rules, my friends.
There are so many ways to add color throughout your home and to your spring decor, or any seasonal decor without breaking the bank:
- Add new pillow covers for a fresh, new, look.
- Style shelves and tables with colored books – even covered in colored paper, which is a very simple DIY.
- Use some colored candles and candle holders around your home to infuse a spring touch.
- Accessorize your shelves with spring colors – light blue, yellow, green, pink…anything you like!
- Throw blankets styled on sofas and chairs, or folded in baskets in pretty spring colors.
- Use ginger jars or other ceramic pieces such as vases, bowls, pretty objects, bookends, etc…
- Frames in spring colors, or made of various materials like woven wicker or rattan, or capiz shell.
- Use artwork throughout your home in your favorite spring colors.
- Faux florals or stems in beautiful spring colors always do the trick!
You don’t need to buy all new pieces, you can simply add a few small touches throughout your home this spring and each season to make a statement with your color. Just a few additions is all you need. I always love to rotate my pieces too.
Have you started to decorate for spring yet? I am so excited for the season to get here, for open windows, warmer temperatures and some sunshine! Stay tuned for my spring decor posts all coming next month and of course, our hallway update coming soon! xo