I’ve been waiting for this day since I started on my blogging journey – I FINALLY have my very own space! Today I’m sharing my new home office design plans and details – and you are going to love it!
UPDATE!! NOW YOU CAN TOUR MY COMPLETE HOME OFFICE REVEAL!
What was previously our son’s bedroom is now my own space to work, create, think, design, scheme, you name it. CitrineLiving headquarters as I like to call it!
Seriously though, I can’t express enough how happy this space will be. In fact, it already makes me happy, even though it’s only in the beginning stages of it’s transformation. Scroll down for my design board, a look at the before and some progress shots.
Affiliate links are provided throughout this post – see my full disclosure policy here.
NEW HOME OFFICE BEFORE + PROGRESS SHOTS
Above is a look at the before, when it was our son’s bedroom. We recently renovated our basement and added two bedrooms down there. One is our son’s new domain and the second is a home gym/office for my hubby.
As you can see, there is so much potential in this room for a beautiful home office…I’ve dreamed of this for years.
We have some updates we’ll be making in my new home office design that will help to elevate the look and bring it to a whole new level.
It’s so exciting to design and decorate a space that is completely just for me!
So many chic elements and details…
MY NEW HOME OFFICE DESIGN TO-DO LIST:
- Add upper and lower moldings, like we did here in our dining room update.
- Paint the walls Benjamin Moore Harbor Fog 2062-70, from underneath the crown molding to the top of the baseboard. All of the trim and shelving will be Behr Ultra Pure White, like the rest of our home.
- New ceiling chandelier with a gorgeous chinoiserie chic style.
- New roman shades in a beautiful blue and white floral pattern.
- Faux grasscloth wallpaper for the bookshelves, similar to our small bathroom.
- A builtin bench under the window with a decorative grill on the front and designer fabric and pillows on the seat cushion.
- Everything else in the room are pieces I already own: desk, rug, chair, ottomans, dressers (similar) and lamps.
- I may use my rattan mirror, but I’m still deciding on the walls and how I’ll decorate them.
I love this space so much already…
The afternoon sunlight is so uplifting and it’s so fun to have a large window to look outside and watch passersby.
I even get to see horses! We live in an equestrian neighborhood and it’s so fun to see majestic horses outside our windows.Next on the list, is to start installing moldings and get the painting finished.
Then we’ll build the bench while we wait for the custom roman shade and bench cushion to arrive.
There’s still plenty of work to do, but I already feel incredibly inspired every day when I sit here to do my work. I feel blessed to have this new space to call my own, and I can’t wait to reveal the completion of my new home office design with you! Stay tuned! xo
SCROLL DOWN AND TAP THE IMAGES TO SHOP!